Friday, February 18, 2011

Free forming: New beginnings

 Ok so I'm feeling good again and decided to embark on a new adventure in this journey. I took a little hiatus and decided to quit blogging because I felt there was not much more to say about my locs after reaching ahh almost 2 years this coming March. I am now back with a new perspective and I have decided to start free forming. For me this is a biggie because I am straight addicted to interlocking using a latch hook.. Personally I think interlocking is the best way to do locs but through much consideration I would like to give my hair a chance to do its thing on its own. Now I'm not saying I'm gonna go and just leave them be I'm definitely  not a fan of organics (Ive seen some nastiness on the net and elsewhere and I do not want to take part). I plan to do the "tug pull and separate method". This is not completely a definitive however because I just might get the itch  pull out the tool and go crazy. I hate fuzzy's and nappies and the such but then again why did I choose loc in the first place. I love my locs as they are now but I feel I could go much further and enjoy them so much more (I'm lazy remember? I thought this was suppose to be an easy maintenance free hair style choice my hands are up in my head constantly). I think one should cultivate their locs but at the same time not mow them down to mulch (over twisting and manipulation leads to thinning and breakage trust me I know been there done that) Anyway thanks for tuning in I just washed and retwisted my hair last week and I can't find my blasted camera so I'll do a pic post next month. Heres to a new beginning yet again on to year part 2: The Free forming years anyone else consider this method of maintenance chime in would love to link up wit you and see pics.Here is a little update for yall

NAt

Love ya long time :S




n

2 comments:

NESSessary said...

Congrats on deciding to freeform! It is not for everyone. I decided to freeform because I prefer letting my hair be and letting it flourish rather than manipulating it all the time. Contrary to popular belief, freeform locs can look "neat" just with no manipulation or twisting of any kind. If you need any advice, suggestion, etc. just ask away or check out my blog :).

Titus 2 Thandi said...

Where are you..?

Locks are Beautiful

Locs are sexy