Sunday, May 3, 2009

¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨ ¨°º¤ø„¸2nd Mth Locked ¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨ ¨°º¤ø„¸

Month 2



Well here it is Ive made it through another mth and I have to say it's not as bad as I thought it was going to be. Ive learned to let things go and leave my hair be because enjoying life is what its all about. Ive combined and tightened a few bumpy locs with thread and Ive started playing around with free forming my locs (being that I'm free spirited and dont do regimens well) I really liked the whole micro fiber twisiting thing. All I know is that I have to be mindful of weak locs, if you have really thin locs it's not a good idea to do this method or you'll have locs ending up in the cloth itself. So far the locking is occuring much faster then I expected because of all the frizz I'm creating. I'm one for neat locs but at this stage I guess if it speeds things along who am I to question the process right? I rub my hair while I wash and I rub it after to dry it, then I put locking gel in and rub some more (I'm liking this method for the speed) after that I pull apart hugging locs to make sure I dont get double headed dragons. If I have holes I go back to my interlocking method and fix them up and if I need a true fix up I always know I can go back to my 4pt rotations but I found that freeforming allows my new growth to grow and thicken up nicely befor I decide to tackle it.





My Secret love affair with Knotty Boy Loc wax
(Yeah I know :/ bad for the hair hasnt caused me any grief however)

Me being silly initially I had been using knotty boy wax to start my hair in my 1st and 2nd try. The third time I just decided I would use aloe vera. I have to admit though I never got the build up with this product it's actually great if you use the right shampoo and hot water to wash it out. My hair was always squeaky clean and smelled chocolaty (mmmmm). I still use it sometimes (minutely) to tame strays and it works. For maintenance I now use organic root stimulator locking gel ( I love it )

Some comparison shots over the course of 2 mths. I've pulled poked and prodded to what you see here now lol. I'm definately going to give it a rest and see where it takes me.
Day 1 Side and top shot (I had problems keeping the front twisted)
Week 1 (some swelling happening here)
Month 1 (fruzz Begins)
6 weeks after a henna (I see some brwn tips but they didnt last looks kind of dry)

Month 2 (My baby's are coming along well I'm proud)

Peace out :3

So here's to a new month of locking thank God the snow has melted and spring has finally begun (well for me anyway)
Happy Locking Yall
Nat

Cheers
o

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes it's certainly looking good, continue to be patient. I am glad you're not fussing over the frizz,it's a natural part of the process and of course you're only nearer to the goal when you see that start to happen.

Locks are Beautiful

Locs are sexy